Here are some laughs to launch your weekend. Cannibalism? It most recently came to my mind with the inception of the Tea Party. The GOP does not have the guts to offer solutions for the many ills that plague this country. Instead, over the last three years, they have been trying their hardest to unseat President Obama. Their mission has had but one goal: get that smart, charismatic, well-behaved, Peace Nobelist, black man out of the White House. Predictably, the GOP has not embraced the more right-wing Tea Party, as they see the Teabaggers as an obstruction to regaining power. I always knew that the GOP was capable of “eating their own” if it would aid the Republicans in winning more elections.
Thus, legislative battle after legislative battle we have seen the GOP unable to rein in the Tea Party. Health care for everyone? Higher taxes for the wealthiest 1% of Americans? A fair policy towards immigrants? A jobs bill that would help towards lowering our unemployment rate? Nah. These agenda items (and mind you, these are only the tip of the iceberg) were all vetoed by the GOP simply to obstruct the President regardless of the necessity and value in bettering our citizens. Looming over us is yet another battle before year’s end to balance the budget. Will this be the third or fourth attempt by our Congress to enact legislation to keep the United States “in business?” Without the support of the Tea Party votes, the GOP is dead in the water. Our Congress, with a satisfaction rating of 9%, has no qualms about sacrificing our AAA bond rating for political muscle. Total self-destruction. Thus, my curiosity for political cannibalism.
A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal.
+Baked Democrat or Grilled Republican:$100.00
The cannibal called the waiter over and asked,“Why such a high price for the politicians?”
The cook replied, “Have you ever tried to clean one?
- OLD LOVE
- I was in my back yard trying to fly a kite.
- I threw the kite up in the air, the wind would catch it for a few seconds, then it would come crashing back down to earth.
- I tried this a few more times with no success.
- All the while, my wife is watching from the kitchen window,
- Muttering to herself how men need to be told how to do everything.
- She opens the window and yelled to me,
- ‘You need a piece of tail.’
- I turned with a confused look on my face and said,
- ‘Make up your mind. Last night, you told me to go fly a kite.’
- And so as you enjoy the stories herein, you will probably agree that the connotations of cannibalism apply to our current political conundrum of eating our own, then spitting out the end result. And what IS the end result of all of this monkey business? Simply to wind up where we started from with the same old problems unsolved. With all of the political finagling who has the time and energy to get down to brass tacks?